- We prefer an article that is between 1200-2000 words. However, flexibility is allowed if the content so requires, and the quality is ensured. The Editorial Board may, at its discretion, allow the publication of unconventional and analytical book reviews and case comments. Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed.
- Author(s) must write a small (50-75 words) brief of the article at the beginning of the manuscript. Authors may also mention 3-5 keywords at the end of such brief.
- Vedanam welcomes articles which fall within the vast universe of Law and Interdisciplinary research is highly encouraged. Entries which present creative and enriching perspective on contemporary legal issues will be much appreciated.
- All the relevant sources must be duly acknowledged and hyperlinked in the text of the manuscript itself. Endnotes will be accepted if the said reference cannot be accommodated through hyperlinks, and must be formatted in accordance with OSCOLA (Latest Edition).
- All works submitted must be original and unpublished. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication on the Blog (Vedanam).
- We request the author(s) to kindly refrain from mentioning the name, institutional affiliation or any other detail of the author(s) in the document and the tittle of the document to facilitate the double-blind review process.
- Whenever possible use Italics to indicate the text you wish to emphasize on rather than underlining it.
- The author(s) is also required to attach a suitable image to accompany the blog in a separate document. Please make sure you mention the source of the image in the email, for the purposes of ensuring that Vedanam accords the source due credits. It should be of high quality with a width of 1080 pixels and height of 540 pixels.
- The content (including endnotes, if any) should be written in Garamond font with a size of 13. The font size of the Heading and any sub-headings should be 14. Line Spacing is to be maintained at 1.5.
- The content of the writing should be Justified. Use Centre Alignment for the Main Heading as well as for sub-headings.
- The author(s) is recommended to use Headings and Sub-headings in order to allow readers to navigate the article with ease.
Editorial and Copyright Policy
- The authors shall receive an acknowledgement email on the receipt of the article by the Editorial Board. Once the Editorial Board receives an article, it shall be processed through a rigorous editorial procedure (double-blind review) and the decision about its acceptance or rejection shall be communicated to the authors within 10 days.
- After initial acceptance, manuscripts may be returned to the author(s) with suggestions related to substance and/or style. Final acceptance of a manuscript for publication is contingent on the incorporation of such suggestions to the satisfaction of the Editorial Board.
- The author(s) are not allowed to submit the same article for consideration to another blog/forum/journal/newspaper etc. simultaneously.
- The author(s) may withdraw his/her/their paper prior to the acceptance of the same. After acceptance of the article, no requests for withdrawal will be entertained.
- The copyright in the articles shall automatically transfer to Vedanam through the Editorial Board. However, the author alone shall have the liability for all the copyright claims and Vedanam will not in any manner be responsible for any such infringements. The author shall indemnify Vedanam and its Editorial Board against all claims and expenses (including legal costs and expenses) arising therefrom.
- Vedanam reserves the right to re-use, republish, reproduce, or share the article in any form, format, or manner without any requirement to take further prior consent of the concerned author. The author of such articles will be given full credit of their work in every such subsequent publication. Therefore, all the articles shall be reposted and shared on various social media platforms of Vedanam.
- Vedanam doesn’t allow cross-posting of published blog posts on other platforms. A second-in-time publication will, however, be allowable with the prior permission of the Editorial Board. This second publication should duly acknowledge the first publication of the piece on Vedanam. This may be done by stating: [first posted on Vedanam on dd/mm/yy].
- In relation to all disputes, the decision of the Editorial Board shall be final and binding.
How To Contribute
- All manuscript shall be sent to email@example.com with the subject ‘Submission of manuscript for Vedanam’.
- Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word format (.docx) only.
- Details of the author(s) should not be mentioned in the file containing the article.
- Author(s) must include their full name, institution/organization, email address, photograph and a bio not exceeding 100 words in a separate cover letter.
- Authors(s) are also required to submit a declaration of originality. Click here to download declaration form
- All manuscript which meet the above-mentioned criteria shall be robustly reviewed by the Editorial Board and provided due consideration.
- Any queries regarding the submission or review process may be addressed to the Editorial Board at firstname.lastname@example.org .