The Editorial Board of ‘Vedanam’ is now inviting applications from Students for the position(s) of Member(s) of the Student Editorial Board.
About CAN Foundation
The CAN Foundation is an entity established for working towards promotion of students/alumni connected with all the National Law Universities of the nation. The Foundation, which is a body of Alumni drawn from various NLUs is conceptualised as a helping hand to help the financially underprivileged legal geniuses in overcoming their hardships. Our focus is on a robust integration of the student community with the already well-established Alumni in such a fashion that it chalks a way for more opportunities within the different avenues of law.
CAN’s Vedanam is an academic initiative of the CAN Foundation, aiming to provide a research-oriented writing platform for Law students & Legal Professionals across the nation. We believe that academic and legal discourse on topics of contemporary relevance is one of the essential aspects of learning to attain proficiency in any field. The exposure provided by Vedanam to the students would help in the development of critical thought and an analytical outlook. One of the ideals of CAN is increasing access to legal literacy, and it has been working diligently towards realising the same, since its inception. CAN’s ‘Vedanam’ continues to supplement the legal literature on a range of contemporary issues and fields of Law, and also promote the Object and Vision of the Foundation by collaborating with members of the Legal Fraternity through the blog.
Eligibility & Deadline
The Editorial Board of ‘Vedanam’ seeks applications from enthusiastic Researchers and Scholars who can oversee and maintain the editorial direction of the blog to ensure a steady flow of engaging and thought-provoking original research publications.
- The applicant must be either in or senior to 2nd year (in a 5-year integrated LL.B. course or a 3-year LL.B. course) or pursuing an LL.M. from any recognised Law School.
- The applicant must have strong research and analysis skills.
- The applicant must have at least TWO Publications in Journals or Blogs of eminent repute. The final decision over the eminence of the aforementioned Journals or Blogs rests with the Professional Editorial Board.
- An awareness of contemporary legal affairs will be a valuable add-on.
- Preference will be given to candidates having prior editorial experience or research experience. However, the same is not a pre-requisite to apply.
- Social Media Handling skills would be an added advantage in the candidate’s favour.
Interested Candidates can submit their applications by duly filling out the registration form. The Applicants are advised to carefully go through all the requirements and procedural necessities. Incomplete application forms will be summarily rejected.
The applications must be submitted on or before July 17, 2022, 23:59 hrs . Link to the Form
The shortlisted applicants would be notified by July 30, 2022. In the event that you do not hear from us by the previously mentioned date (July 30, 2022), then your application has not been successful.
CONTACT DETAILS : For any queries, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org