About CAN Foundation
The CAN Foundation is an organization formed to facilitate the advancement of students and alumni associated with all National Law Universities in India. Comprised of alumni from different NLUs, this Foundation is aimed at providing financial assistance to brilliant but underprivileged individuals in the legal field. The main objective is to foster a strong relationship between the student community and established alumni, which will enable students to access diverse opportunities in various areas of law.
CAN Foundation has launched 'Vedanam' as an initiative to promote research-oriented academic writing among law students and professionals. Vedanam, the academic wing of the Foundation, provides a platform for Dhananjay and Eklavya Scholars and law students across the country to engage in academic and legal discourse on contemporary topics. The Foundation considers academic and legal discourse on relevant topics as a crucial aspect of learning to achieve proficiency in any field. It provides exposure to students and helps develop critical thinking and analytical skills. Legal literacy and increasing access to it are some of the primary objectives of the CAN Foundation since its inception. Vedanam aims to supplement legal literature on various contemporary issues and promote the Foundation's goals and vision by encouraging more students to join the Foundation.
The Foundation is grateful to its patrons, donors, and well-wishers for their continued support and blessings, which reinforces their belief in themselves and helps them achieve new heights.
The Editorial Board of Vedanam is now inviting applications from students to contribute to the activities of the Blog as members of the Student Editorial Board.
Eligibility & Deadline
The Editorial Board of Vedanam invites applications for the post of Editorial Board.
- The applicant must be in or above 3rd year pursuing an Integrated Undergraduate Law Course or pursuing LL.M. from any recognized Law University or Law Department of a recognized University.
- The applicant must have strong research and analysis skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates having publications in Journals or Blogs of eminent repute. However, the same is not a prerequisite to apply. It is at the discretion of the Professional Editorial Board to decide on the question of what will be considered as a Journal or Blog of eminent repute.
- Candidates with prior editorial experience shall be given preference.
- An awareness of contemporary Legal Affairs will be a valuable add-on.
The application process will comprise of the following-
- Updated and current CV.
- Statement of Purpose of not more than 500 words.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be sent to the email address email@example.com with the subject of the mail as “Application for Editor” .
As an added incentive, the Editors whose dedication to the Blog stands out, shall have chances to intern with eminent chambers and law firms.